Moodboard | Outdoor Patio
I’m pretty sure we have renovations (some big, some small) happening in every room. And while those renos will eventually get finished, we’re moving outdoors! It’s been getting warmer here, and we are so pumped to spend our days and evenings outside. Last summer we tackled the exterior paint job (actually Kevin did, I just picked the paint color and entertained Jude for a month), and this year we are tackling the landscaping. Right now we have a fence that could fall over any minute, and we have so many plants and shrubs that it looks like a jungle if we let it go for a couple weeks. Needless to say, it doesn’t fit our busy-with-two-kids lifestyle. So we decided to clear everything out and make a yard for our boys, including a new fence (to keep them in, duh :)).
To tie in the outdoor landscaping/fence overhaul, I picked out a few pieces to spruce up our patio. I wanted to keep a neutral but fun color palette and easy, modern vibe. I was inspired by warm terra cotta tones, fresh whites, lots of texture, and the natural greenery outside to bring in some subtle color. I’d love to hear what you think!
1. Natural String Lounge Chair- I’ve been wanting a chair like this, and this year is my year!
2. Terra Cotta Planter- I love how this planter adds color and interest without forcing color.
3. Rug- I picked a neutral and durable rug to ground everything.
4. String lights- Because every patio needs string lights!
5. Lark Candle- In desert aloe. It’s a really nice and refreshing scent. Not overpowering.
6. Rattan Tray- This adds good texture and function.
7. Saffron Macrame Pillow- I’m loving this color right now (along with everyone else)!
8. Ivory Macrame Pillow- I love the neutral tone and tons of texture.
9. Mud cloth Pillow- Really love this color! It’s color but still says neutral to me.
10. Kilim Pouf- A fun pattern the throw in the mix!
11. Ceramic Planter- I’ll probably get a few of these this year, I love them so much.
12. White Cement Stool/Side Table- Again, I love the neutral white but with added texture.